LAST UPDATED July 28, 2022
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our websites, including https://www.papayapet.com/ ("Website").
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Papaya Pet Care or Papaya Team Members.
- Through your Papaya Comfort Visit™ or other clinic visits.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download, including the Papaya Pet Care App.
- Through your Account, which includes any account created by or for you to access our service or parts of our service.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Other websites operated by Papaya Pet Care or any affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or App.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website, App, or our services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website, App, or to our services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, App, and our services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or account name ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your pet; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, App and services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website or App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through web beacons and cookies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, App, or while visiting one of our clinics. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or App, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or App.
- Information that you provide to us when participating in raffles or giveaways.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website, App, or clinics and of the fulfillment of your orders or service. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or App.
- Your search queries on the Website or App.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, App, and services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and your interactions with our App, email, and other communications, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you visit, access and use on the Website or App.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You can opt out of behavioral tracking by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website, App, and services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Papaya Pet Care, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and App, including the contents to you.
- To provide and maintain our pet care service, including to best serve you and your pets at clinic visits.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with opportunities to participate in raffles or other promotional giveaways.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and any subscriptions you may have, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our pet owners and pets, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
To contractors and service providers who support our e-commerce business, and other third parties we use to support our advertising and marketing efforts.
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Papaya Pet Care's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Papaya Pet Care about our customers is among the assets transferred.
To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Papaya Pet Care, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to [email protected]
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Papaya Pet Care to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to [email protected] or at any other time by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Papaya Pet Care as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to [email protected]
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your Account.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, subject to certain exceptions. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website and App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
You may also contact us via post at: 12680 High Bluff Dr., Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92130